The holiday season is in full swing. There’s too much to eat and too much to drink, but hey, seize the moment (mindfully) and let's balance it out.
Here, I round up the best things you can do to help your body recover fast:
- Número uno, don’t beat yourself up, ditch the drama and "course-correct", a term I learned from Daphne Javitch of Doing Well.
- 1.1. Get up and drink your water — hydration is key as it cleanses the system.
- Try intermittent fasting (only if apt for you), it gives the gut a rest while improving hormonal and bacterial balance.
- Sweat. Make sure you break a sweat with a workout or relax at an infrared sauna. No need to explain. (Also, I love Higher Dose)
- Have a green juice, because = life.
- Once you’re ready to break the fast, make sure your meal is made up of slow-releasing carbs, protein, healthy fats. Plenty dark leafy greens as these are high in antioxidants that help neutralize sugar in the body.
BONUS: go for a brisk walk in nature—on the woods/beach/mountains. Pop in a b-complex + milk thistle to help support the liver.
Image by Atelier Doré