When you feel like nothing can help you, there ARE things that actually can. Here I give you 5, tried and tested, hangover cures:
1. PROTEIN: The mistake people make when hungover is to turn to carbs. But to really get your body detoxing, your blood sugar balanced, and your metabolism revved, stick to protein and healthy fat.
2. TAKE B-VITAMINS. Methylated-B-vitamins jump-start your liver into propelling all of that acetaldehyde, the toxic metabolite of alcohol, out of your system.
3. DRINK TURMERIC WATER. If your gut is inflamed from the booze, you need to boost absorption with the help of lemon juice, a spoon of raw honey, and fresh grated ginger. The turmeric is anti-inflammatory, the ginger soothing to the gut, and the lemon/lime/honey packed with electrolytes that will move water into your system faster that water alone.
4. GET A MASSAGE. A massage is a way to let go passively. A full-body, back or even just foot massage will give you the mind-body release you need, increase circulation and help drain out the toxins.
5. AND A GOOD SOAK... With Epsom salts since these give you a magnesium and sulphur boost. These nutrients are absorbed though your skin while you soak, promoting more than just relaxation. Magnesium is nature’s anti-anxiety drug and sulphur is essential for liver detoxification.
Aim for 15-20 mins and keep it as hot as you can – the sweating will help you detoxify.