‘Tis the season, but not so fast. Eating differently on holidays can lead to stomach bloating—the best advice is to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated, having said that, it’s not just one thing but many components that allow us to feel healthy and balanced. That's what holistic health is all about. It's not just one thing but many components to consider.
Having a practice of daily little rituals can be powerful to anyone's sense of well-being. Do you have one? Take a minute to notice, identify the things that you do in repetition and that add up to your health. During this season, commit to them now more than ever, because in all aspects, consistency is key, and if you want to feel great and beautiful in your own skin I encourage you to protect your vitality in any way you can.
Who likes to start the New Year feeling heavy and regretful? (Certainly not me, ha). Nothing feels as good as a fresh start, coming back to our routines, feeling like the best version of ourselves. And If things go north a little, know that you can ALWAYS “get back on track.”
Today I share 5 things I do, rain or shine, to help me stay centered, fit, and healthy anywhere I go.
It may take some thought and dedication, but the benefits pay off so here we go :)
1. MEDITATE daily, it is the first thing I do, it takes me 10 to 15 minutes and find it to be one of the most effective things to ground myself. It allows me to set an intention and plan for the day ahead.
2. AM WARM TONIC – to cleanse and activate the digestive system, I swear that it adds a natural glow to my skin too. It’s made of hot lemon water, a shot of aloe juice + The Beauty Chef’s Antioxidant.
3. ACTIVATE THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM, dry brushing and moving in any way you can, even if it’s just for 30 minutes! Exercise gets you a good dose of dopamine and serotonin, it promotes motility or movement of the gut. It is my medicine, it makes me feel incredible physically and mentally, that's why I’m so committed to that.
4. NOURISH + HYDRATE. I love simple foods, my diet consists of mostly vegetables, fruit, fish, and nuts. When I indulge, I make sure I’m doing it mindfully and consuming whatever feels special for me at the moment.
Hydration, often overlooked, helps with digestion, constipation, it basically creates FLOW in the body. Drinking enough water will help you flush out toxins and improve your skin quality. Drink up and get glowing my friends.
5. SLEEP. It’s a really big deal. Lack of sleep is linked to a host of unwanted conditions: unsettling your metabolism and hormonal balance, leading to weight gain. Negative mood, leaky gut—gut walls are repaired during sleep, and it goes without saying that poor sleep is terrible from a beauty perspective. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep a night.
Commit to the rituals that call your name. Find what works for you and then, stay true to your practice.