If eating/drinking greens is good for you, Green Superfoods are incredibly better. They have the highest concentrations of easily digestible nutrients, fat burning compounds, vitamins and minerals to protect and heal the body. Green Superfoods contain a wide array of beneficial substances including proteins, protective photo-chemicals and healthy bacteria helping you to build cleaner muscles and tissues, aid your digestive system function and protect you against disease and illness.
Extremely rich in chlorophyll – the pigment that gives plants their green color. The molecular structure of chlorophyll is very similar to that of human blood and studies show that when this is consumed, the production of hemoglobin in blood is increased. Higher amounts of hemoglobin in the bloodstream means more oxygen-rich blood, the first and MOST IMPORTANT element that cells need to thrive.
Here are MY TOP 5 Green Superfoods:
- Wheatgrass | This is the sprouted grass of a wheat seed. Unlike the whole grain (because it has been sprouted), it no longer contains gluten or other common allergic agents. It's super alkalizing and is excellent for promoting healthy blood. It normalizes the thyroid gland to stimulate metabolism thus assisting digestion and promoting weight loss die also to its high enzyme content and cleansing effect.
- Wild Blue-Green Algae | Algae was the first form of life on Earth and its power is immense. Wild Blue-Green Algae is a phyto-plankton and contains virtually every nutrient. With a 60% protein content and a more complete amino acid profile than beef (!) of soy beans. It contains one of the best sources of beta carotene, B vitamins and chlorophyll. It has been shown to improve brain function and memory, strengthen the immune system and help with viruses, cold and flu.
- Spirulina | Spirulina is a cultivated micro-algae which has been consumed for thousands of years by indigenous people in Mexico and Africa. It is one of the highest know protein sources on Earth and contains 70% complete protein. It can help control blood sugar levels and cravings thus making it a key food for diabetics, and can be used to assist in weight loss and as a general nutritional supplement.
- Chlorella | Chlorella is a fresh water algae and like its other algae cousins contains a complete protein profile, all the B vitamins, vitamin C and E, as well as many minerals. It is great for the immune system, for reducing cholesterol, and preventing the hardening of the arteries, a precursor to heart attacks and strokes.
- Green Leafy Greens | So readily available and so highly nutritious! Studies confirm that populations that eat a diet high in green leafy vegetables run a far lower risk of heart disease and cancer. Fresh raw green leafy vegetables contain high doses of chlorophyll, easily digestible proteins, enzymes and a wide range of vitamins and minerals. These particular vegetables act as mini-transfusions for the blood, a health tonic for the brain and immune system and a cleanser of the kidneys. Try any of the following: rocket, spinach, dandelion greens, kale, watercress, parsley, leetuce, endive, chicory, croccoli sprouts and mustard sprouts.