“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
– Henry Miller
I LOVE traveling. To be able to break out of my routine, getting somewhere unknown and if possible, explore each and every single corner on location. Honestly, a trip of any kind is an opportunity to get inspired, discover and learn so many things from a culture, but one one thing you need and that's perspective. Waste no time and get the most out of everything.
Below, a list of my travel essentials, because yes it's good to break out of routine and spice up things a little bit but these things, they help too. They help making me feel relaxed, clean and nourished, whether on the beach, NY or the alpes.
- iPhone + Bose earphones – no explanation needed.
- Aesop antibacterial / hand cream – best smell and non-greasy.
- by Terry Rose lip balm – hydrates with the perfect amount of shimmer, besides who doesn't want to smell like roses anyway?
- Sunglasses (Givenchy aviators) – classic
- Moleskine – writing down the places I went, and the things I loved; basic.
- A good read – reading books is the easiest, most productive way to relax.
- Red lipstick by Tom Ford in Cherry Lush – you never know where the wind might blow.
- Pratima essential oils – anti stress practices always come in handy.
- Leica D-LUX 5 – you cannot compare the quality of a photograph taken with this...
- Bottled water + snacks – because I'm the queen of snacks, you'll find pretty much always something to eat in my bag, from sprouted walnuts to an apple, coconut water or a Chia Warrior bar. I love snacks.